Friday, April 18, 2008

my future last day

today, while listening to the song, "A Really Good Cloak" by Mark Isham for the movie Crash... i thought of what my ideal last day at my current job will be.

it is not that far off from actually happening.

i imagine a lot of hidden tears the day after i am gone.

i know this for sure because every day at work, i have given all of Who I Really Am to the table.

no emotional guards or stealth acts of being defensive.
i share how happy i am, my hopes for the future, my theories about life ... during water cooler conversations that happen randomly throughout the day.

i am sure they will remember three things:
1) my sharp and humorous wit
2) my creativity
3) my heart

that is how i know my life is working out, because i am remembered by those things that i value.

No comments:

Post a Comment